Monday, March 16, 2009

day 1
====
Today is the day that the SOE students went for the OIP Wuhan Trip. The teacher in charge told us to meet at Changi Airport Terminal 1 at 5.30am. However, I was already late as I leave my house at 5.20am.

When I reach at Terminal 1, I saw quite a lot of student all assemble there already. So I went to search for the teacher to get my passport back. But the weird thing was among all my friends who came for this trip, I was the only one who was without the passport. So, one of my friends went up to Mr. Ma and confirm with him. Mr. Ma collected back their passport.
The teachers were briefing us on some items. There was this 2 tag that we need to tie it to our luggage with writing our name on it. After that, there is a sticker which needs to paste on somewhere visible for the officers to view. This sticker is for the transferring of plane.
Soon, one by one, all of us queued up to check in our luggage. Till my turn, I wanted to see how heavy my luggage was but, the digital system did not even move. After checking in our luggage, Mr. Chua told us to meet outside the departure hall. So I went to meet my parents and went up to the food court at second level to have my breakfast.
Time’s up. I proceeded down to the departure hall. My fellow friends were waiting there already. The entire SOE student went in before us. I scanned my passport and thumbprint. However one of my friends, Jia He, was behind me. He was able to pass through the first part, scanning of passport, but not the thumbprint part. He tried a few time till he was called to the security area. We also don’t know what had happened. Once he is done, we proceed further in.
This is the second time I am taking the plane, but the first time going oversea without my parents accompany. I learn to be more independent and be careful of the surroundings. The passport is the most important item.

The first destination was Guang Zhou. That’s the place we have our lunch. But it’s the usual fast food which all of us will know, MacDonald. I spend my first 100 yuan to exchange to a smaller notes in order the get less cheated for money at Wuhan. Having finished my lunch, we proceed to the area to board our plane.


Finally Wuhan, here we come! Once exit the airport, it’s very cold. The temperature was almost 1/5 of Singapore temperature. It was 6 degrees Celsius. We can see smoke coming out from each and every single one of our mouth .My toes also went slowly going numb as I only wear a thin layer of sock. We board a yellow bus to Wuhan. On the way there, my toe start to feel warm as my toe was only behind the heater, or might be the engine giving off heat. Anyway, the feeling was cozy. Soon, I fell asleep on the bus.
Once I woke up, the bus just arrived at Wuhan University science and technology. Finally, hostel at last. It was like after 11 hours then I could see a bed just in front of me. My room was at the first level. Therefore, I only need to climb 1 flight of staircase. This help to save energy from climbing up and down. Among 4 rooms, mine and Xin Rong’s room was the coldest I guess. Only our room was still able to see the smoke breathing out from our mouth.

After everyone place their belonging in the hostel, all of us went to the school canteen, second level, to have our dinner. We ate the food which looks like Korean food. Even in indoors, without air-conditioning, was cold. My toes were freezing, starting to get numb. Luckily I ate a bit of spicy food to warm up the internal body. On the way out of the canteen, there is this flight of stairs. I thought I could warm up my toes just by moving it faster and lifting up the leg higher. But the more I do, the more pain my toes get. The feeling was like the toes are going to drop out.

So, I decided to quickly pace back to the hostel. Due to the fog on my spec and there is little amount of light, I could not see the way properly. I also could not recognize the way back to the hostel. Luckily, saw my friends and hurry up and join them. If not, I will be lost in the University.
Finally, back on to the bed!
The officers from China, who were checking of passport, were all wearing a stern look. All were somehow looking very fierce feel like anytime they could just gobble you up. They did not smile or even open their mouth to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment